Friday, March 18, 2016

17 Days until Opening Day!

It's 17 days until Opening Day, and the pre-release of Out of the Park Baseball 17. To celebrate the synchronicity, here's Chris Sabo on the crappy, crappy turf at Riverfront Stadium:


This also marks the soft launch of RGB Sports, the successor blog to RGB Cards, my baseball card blog from 2010-2013. After I got out of collecting cards, for a myriad of reasons, I was looking for something to write about. An all-sports blog, where I can pontificate, lampoon, and fisk poorly-written Bill Plaschke columns seems ideal.



We'll be counting down to Opening Day and the "hard launch" of RGB Sports with some classic Reds, Mariners, White Sox and Orioles players, as well as a review of the aforementioned OOTP 17 (currently downloading on my computer - 51 minutes to go) and my thoughts on the NCAA Tournament, approximately 24 hours after the games happen (because I'm in Australia).

Other events occurring between now and Opening Day: the start of the Australian Rules Football season, the Milan-San Remo bicycle race, the beginning of Carolina Railhawks season #10, and many horrible, horrible sports columns from dinosaurs like Dan Shaughnessy, Bruce Jenkins and of course, Bill Plaschke.

Hope to see you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment